7.07.2006
6:27 AM

... content? Never! Hi. Welcome to splattercoding. To give you a quick rundown of my intentions, splattercoding is a place for me to put random smatterings of code (of dubious usefulness) and musings on programming, and the world in general. Hopefully someone will read it and inspire me to continue talking to myself.

Doubtful.

Still, I needed a place to post my thoughts so that they are not lost forever. Who knows? Maybe they'll actually be needed?

Doubtful.

I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself as a programmer. I like dynamic languages. Python, Ruby ... and most recently, Io. I program as a hobby (or, if you prefer, addiction). Probably some sort of psychological need for control or something. Whatever. Now, I'd give you some examples of my work but they're over on the other side of the room and I simply don't have the energy right now. We'll get to those later.

So! my first posted endeavour into the coding world: creating a template for splattercoding. It is a modern, minimalistic design inspired by Steve Dekorte's blog. After wrestling with the intricacies of the templating language (darn those opening and closing tags), and possibly 100's of "Preview"s, I came up with what you see now. Pretty neat, huh?

Until next time.